3,754 undergraduate students; (36% male / 55% female).
107 full-time teaching faculty; 8 part-time teaching faculty (no teaching assistants); and 210 staff. Average class size is fewer than 30 students.
On-campus housing has capacity for 355 students in three residence halls and 16 off-campus units are available for students with families.
EOU’s 121-acre campus is located in La Grande, Oregon. The city is the largest of eight communities in the Grande Ronde Valley – a haven in the state’s eastern high desert region.
NAIA Division II affiliated; 9 varsity teams for men and women include basketball, cross-country, football, track and field, soccer, softball and volleyball.
Eastern Oregon University is a four-year, liberal arts college founded in 1929.
Agricultural Sciences, Anthropology/Sociology, Art, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry-Biochemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Crop and Soil Science, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Elementary Education/Elementary Teacher Licensure, English/Writing, Fire Services Administration, History, Liberal Studies: Individualized Program, Liberal Studies: Two Minors, Mathematics, Multidisciplinary Studies, Multidisciplinary Studies: Elementary Education, Music, Natural Resources, Nursing, Politics & Economics, Physical Activity & Health, Psychology, Rangeland Sciences, Theatre, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Business Administration, Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing.
Affordable Colleges Online named EOU the most affordable school in Oregon offering distance-learning options. www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/oregon.
As a member of the Western Undergraduate Exchange, EOU offers reduced non-resident tuition to on-campus applicants from participating U.S. states and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. www.eou.edu/admissions/wue.
“The Phantom of the Opera” made its American university theater debut on the EOU stage in 2010. An impressive cast of 50 brought “Les Miserables” to life in another epic performance in 2014.
Meeting people and exploring new ideas is a big part of college life. As an EOU student, you’ll become part of a vibrant living and learning community with access to outstanding academic resources, student involvement programs and support services.
- Academic success is a team activity and EOU helps make your college experience the best by providing exceptional programs and resources including study sessions, tutoring, computing and more.
- If you have a health concern or just need to talk something over, the Student Health and Counseling Center staff is here to help.
- Are you interested in seeing the world? Exciting international travel opportunities extend your worldview, like when the EOU Chamber Choir spent nearly three weeks traveling and performing in China.
- Many EOU students apply for and receive challenging internships and scholarships from places like the United Nations, Walt Disney World, the Truman Foundation and others.
Every professor and staff member at EOU is dedicated to working with you throughout your college experience. The individualized attention you receive at EOU is rare for public universities and is something special the University takes pride in.
- EOU has three colleges: Arts and Sciences, Business and Education. Choose from 23 competitive majors, 30 different minors and multiple pre-professional and partnership programs. Master’s degrees in business, creative writing, teaching and science in education are also available.
- Participate in service-learning programs and research as part of your field of study and feel the satisfaction that comes with doing something hands-on and meaningful. As an EOU undergrad, you’ll have unparalleled access to cutting-edge science and technology labs where you might learn how to sequence DNA or make a film!
- In addition to all the great faculty and staff you’ll have access to, students also get to know EOU’s President. He’s a familiar face you’ll see often, whether on one of his campus “walkabouts” or while grabbing lunch in the dining hall.
It’s easy to connect with EOU on many different levels and be active and involved with athletics, theatre, leadership, clubs and more. And when it comes to outdoor adventure, EOU is the perfect place!
- Make friends and make a difference with over 50 clubs and organizations. If you like to write, join the team at The Voice, the student newspaper. If scientific experiments pique your fascination, consider the Chemistry Club. From music to rodeos and intramurals, there are always plenty of things going on.
- When you want to get outside, there are four seasons of recreation waiting in EOU’s backyard. Hit the slopes at Oregon’s highest base elevation ski area, kayak some Class III rapids, or ride the trails with your mountain bike, all just minutes from campus.
- The surrounding community is full of connections to EOU. Many of the local business people are alumni and it’s not unusual to bump into faculty at the movie theater or at a local coffee shop.
Whatever major you choose, your classes and experiences at EOU will prepare you to succeed in today’s competitive, global marketplace.
- Academic advisers will help you get into the right classes for your major and stay on track toward graduation, while talented professors show you how to put real-world experience into practice.
- EOU graduates go on to conduct amazing work and make significant contributions to their communities. Some prominent alumni include a state representative, prominent international wildlife conservationist, celebrated children’s book author, television producer and documentary filmmaker…just to name a few!
Ensuring a quality education is accessible is important and that means you can apply to EOU at no expense! Fill out our free application online at www.eou.edu/admissions/apply/ or complete and mail in a paper copy. Don’t forget to include a sealed official copy of your high school and/or college transcript(s). The crew in Admissions is dedicated to working with you, so if you have questions or need help completing the application process, just call 800-452-8639 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearly every student is eligible for some type of financial aid. A complete financial aid package may contain scholarships, grants, work-study and loans. Take full advantage of your talent, skills, performance, drive and ambition to become eligible for scholarships. Some are based on your financial need, while others look at your academic achievements. Apply for many scholarships online at www.eou.edu/fao. Reach our Financial Aid Office at 541-962-3550.